I found this recipe on Pip & Ebby’s blog, I love all the great recipes they have. It was so easy to make and very delicious, a great recipe for using those summer tomatoes!
In a small bowl, add:
- 8 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Stir ingredients together and let it chill out in the fridge for a while.
Cut a loaf of French bread into 1/2-inch slices. Place bread slices onto a baking sheet.
At this point you have two serving options. You can:
1. Toast the French bread with tomato mixture spread on top in a 425-degree oven for 4-5 minutes for a warm appetizer.
2. Toast the bread by itself in a 425-degree oven for 3-4 minutes and then add the chilled tomato mixture to the top.
Top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and serve! Delish!