- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) butter.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain well, setting aside the liquid for another use.
- In a food processor, purée the cauliflower with the remaining 30 ml (2 tablespoons) butter and no more than 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the cooking liquid. Adjust the seasoning.
Source Ricardo and Friends